About KIHL's Radio Streams
KIHL offers a 128kbps MP3 stream as well as 32 and 64 kbps streams encoded with AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) for an improved listening experience. AAC streams are supported by WinAmp, iTunes 9 (or higher), and Windows Media Player 12 (available in Windows 7 only).
We recommend downloading and installing iTunes. Both our standard and high-quality streams are supported by iTunes version 9 and later.
Listening from a Player Application
MP3 Stream - 128 kbps Stereo
AAC Stream - 64 kbps Stereo
AAC Stream - 32 kbps Stereo
Help Listening from Audio Applications
iTunes Users: The streaming AAC format is only supported by iTunes 9 or newer. You can download the latest version of iTunes for free from Apple's website or using Apple's Software Update. To check which version of iTunes you have on your computer, click on the "Help" menu, and then click "About iTunes."
If the KIHL PLS file does not automatically open in iTunes, or you are unable to locate it in the Radio section:
- Launch iTunes.
- Go to the "Advanced" menu, and click "Open Audio Stream..."
- In the Open URL box, copy and paste this address: http://www.kihlhilo.com/kihllistenhi.pls
WinAmp Users: If your browser does not automatically open the PLS file in WinAmp and will not open it manually, try this:
- Launch WinAmp.
- Go to the "File" menu, and click "Play URL..."
- In the Open URL field, copy and paste this address: http://www.kihlhilo.com/kihllistenhi.pls
Windows Media Player Users: If your browser does not automatically open the PLS file in Windows Media Player and will not open it manually, try this:
- Launch Windows Media Player.
- Go to the "File" menu, and click "Open URL..." (If the "File" menu won't appear, right click and select "Show Classic Menus" - or "Show menu bar" - on the upper pane of Windows Media Player)
- In the "Open URL…" field, copy and paste this address: http://www.kihlhilo.com/kihllistenhi.pls
Firefox Windows Media Plugin: If you're using Firefox, and need to install the Windows Media Player Plugin, in order to play the webcast within Firefox, try this:
Embed KIHL Hilo on your Site
The following HTML tag may be added to your website to embed KIHL's streaming player: